Or destinations closer based upon the price of gasoline. A travel journal of Keith, Donna, Annie & Kallie as we set off on a seven week road trip.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 40 - June 18

Today was a down day as we sat put and tried to recharge our internal batteries. So since nothing went on today I will relate a story for you. When I was a little boy my Grandpa Barnes sent be a red plastic Farmall Tractor. I still have that red plastic tractor today. When we were at my cousins' farms pretty much all I saw was a small fortune in John Deere equipment until the last day that we were there. On Sunday before church we were touring my Uncle Jesse's house...and guess what we found in the garage...the real life, full sized, object of my childhood...A RED FARMALL TRACTOR.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has only been 40 days, it seems much longer. I miss you guys and can't wait to give you a big hug when you get home.

June 18, 2008 at 10:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DONNA! Yes, it is the 19th and you are only one day older than you were yesterday. Gene prefers to think of it that way. Hope you have an enjoyable day. We look forward to seeing you when/if you make it home. Sounds like things are falling apart. Fortunately humans last longer. Love you two, and miss you.

Gene and Sandra

June 19, 2008 at 10:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday girlfriend! Hope you have a great day, and, yes it is Garfield's birthday today also. I can't believe you didn't know you shared the same birthday as Garfield. Actually, your cat sort of looks like Garfield - maybe it is karma. Thanks for calling last evening - I needed the break from mowing, weed-eating and cutting thistle.
Keith - Jon would want to know if the tractor runs?
Be safe! Love, Billie

June 19, 2008 at 12:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna! Many happy returns! I hope that your day is fantastic!

June 19, 2008 at 2:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it runs bring it home! If it doesn't run. Bring it home anyhow. If I can't fix it then we could start YOUR lawn art collection!!

June 19, 2008 at 8:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home